Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
@ 9:38 AM

Okay, I'd like you all to use your imaginations.

  Try and picture that scene from Titanic where Jack Dawson and his foregin friend get tickets and board the vessel seconds before as it was about to depart. Now combine that image with the image of a couple of contestants on the "Amazing Race" sprinting with their packs, along a port.

Today that was Sarah and I.


 To catch a blue star ferry you are required to be at the vessel an hour before departure. Our ferry left at 7.35. We arrived at our port (sprinting form the train station) at 7.30.  They had closed the boarding platform. They were ready to go. And then us Aussies rocked up. Panting like dogs, red faced and tickets in hands. I cannot emphasise how relieved we were. (And still are.) We had gotten up at 5.45am to catch this ferry and we were still so freaking close to missing it.

If only someone had filmed us.
I'm writing you this blog from our Blue Star ferry, they are really snazzy and have escalators inside them and wi-fi, very impressive! I'll probably more than likely not have internet so won't be able to email or post on here for the next week.. ( Ahh what else am i going to do at insane times in the morning while Sarah's still asleep?)

SO MUM, DON'T FREAK OUT IF YOU DON'T HEAR FROM US.