Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
@ 5:59 PM

"Tell me I can't, I'll show you I can"



When people asked what i was doing for the next year, my mother would tell people "She thinks she's going to backpack Europe." When we told our friends in class, i was reminded constantly that we will go broke, die or get murdered. There were moments where this trip seemed to crumble to pieces before we'd even left and it was just not possible. We battled Greek embassies, flights and stupid travel agents. We said goodbye to our social lives and worked ridiculous hours as soon as we finished high school. There were so many moments where we even doubted us. But yesterday, as we stood at the edge of Fira twonship- unable to take-in the breath taking view of the clear blue Greek ocean lapping against volcanic mountains, it finally hit me that people should believe more. We are doing it. Look how far we've come and we've only just left...