Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
@ 11:58 PM

LALALALALALALALA LE MANS :D

For those who do not know, Sarah lived in Le Mans for three months in 2009 on a French Excahnge. Here, she stayed with the beautiful Doux family, and now we were to stay with them for a week!!! I can't emphasise how excited we were for this, and especially as halfway through our stay at Le Mans, Sarah's parents would be joining us! Meeting the Doux family was crazy, Sarah had talked about them for so long and here they were in person! I will admit I was a tad overhwelmed at first with all the French that was going around (I really really wish that I had paid more attention to Mrs Pinchuk in middle school French classes!!!) Their place is too adorable, the house filled with all Nicole's hand made items and the garden overflowing with Jean-Joseph's homegrown vegetables!

Since arriving here, we've had many adventures! On our first day it was 35 degrees (!!!) we went to Le Mans "fake lake" which was like a mini beach with Anais Doux! We had a lovely afternoon swimming and sunbaking (and speaking English, woo!)
The next day Jean-Joseph Doux drove us three hours through beautiful French country side to Chombard Castle! It was the most beautiful castle I've ever seen! (Mind you, my castle experiences are limited.) We had a cute picnic here before heading to a Montlouise Cellar where we explored the undergrounds full of wine!!! We had a few samples which were actually really nice. Sarah and I are not usually wine drinkers! Only problem was, on the way home, I just couldn't stop giggling- it was so embarrasing. I now have a bad reputation amongst the Doux's when it comes to drinking :P


AND THEN THE MCCORMICKS ARRIVED!!!
On Thursday we were joined by Sarah's parents, Anne and John!  It was a crazy morning, meeting them at the train station was so emotional!!! It's been 2 months since we've seen them! Sarah was amazed- her French family and her family all together (and she had to translate like a maniac in order for conversation flow between the two nationalities- it was insane!)


Together with the Doux's and the McCormick's we spent two nights out in Old Le Mans. Thursday night we had a big French feast at a restaurant. And Friday night we crept out after dark to wander the streets and watch 'La Nuit des Chimeres'

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LegKnAYzwEk#at=36
La Nuit des Chimeres is where they've set up these giant projectors to mask the cathedrals and old buildings with insane animations. It was so captivating and spectacular! I have never seen anything like it in my life!!!

My childhood dream was to own a frog.  I was in love with the tiny creatures.I couldn't pick up a pen without drawing a frog, every birthday card i received were of frogs, everytime we went to the pet shop I drooled over their frog aquariums and every book i got from the libraries were about rabbits (i'm just kidding, they were about frogs haha.) ANYWAY, long story short... I REALLY LOVED FROGS. But today, as it was our last day with us all together, the Doux's treated us with Frogs Legs. It broke my heart eating them, but you simply cannot go to France without trying them... Oui oui, how French can you get?


Whilst staying with the Doux's we've been treated with such amazing hospitality. We've had the most amazing meals such as creamed mussels, frogs legs, ratatouille, Boris' creme brulee, Bertrand's famous chocolate cake (well, famous to Sarah) Ahhh the list goes on!
Unfortunately we all split tomorrow and we have to not only say goodbye to the Doux's but to Sarah's parents as well... Ah, it was so lovely having a family, even if it was for such a small amount of time!