Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
@ 12:12 PM

LYON


I would like to begin with the fact that we've been so extremely busy, that trying to keep up this blog has been impossible. And for that I apologize!

After Nice we boarded a long train ride up North to Lyon. We stayed with Matt a French couchsurfer in Lyon for two nights. We had a crazy time while staying with him... The first day we explored Lyon by ourselves. But on the second day Matt took us along on a CSers tour of the ity and it was gorgeous, we got to explore all these hidden passages and courtyards that we'd missed on our own. The tour was in French, so unforuntately I missed out on the details and the history! Matt was also hosting a couch surfing party that night, and EVERYONE was yelling, singing, speaking in french. They sang french songs. They danced around naked. It was a tad overwhelming- but not to worry, because one guy brought along his gutiar so i could play :D This was a happy, happy moment for me. (IT HAS BEEN TWO MONTHS!!!) So Sarah, this French guy and I played and sung along to Soko, Xavier Rudd, Oasis and Pete Murray! AHHH :) On sunday we said goodbye to Lyon, and boarded a 7 hour train trip to Le Mans!!!!!!!!