Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Wednesday, August 10, 2011
@ 7:14 PM

Our second day in Rome, spent at the magnificent COLOSSEUM!
We walked out of the metro station and hen BAM! Just looming over us was this beauty of Roman architecture. We decided to fork out and to actually have a guided tour, I'm so glad we did, we were lead by a witty and humerous old Roman guy which made the experience all the more worthwhile! Words won't quite capture how EPIC this place really is! With its blood thirsty history and the deathplace of over 500,000 people and millions of animals, I really recommened you all put this on your  'things you should see before you die' list.  And if you don't have a list, maybe you should start one now :) Want to know the best thing though? The name of the Colosseum isn't it's true name, it was origanlly called 'The Flavian Amphitheater' but due to mistransaltions and a mix up of the name of a bronze statue out the front of it, in the middle ages, The Falvian name evolved into the Colosseum! Fancy that, ey? 




Originally I wanted to dress up like a gladiator when visiting the Colosseum but due to budget restrictions and lack of cheap gladiator costumes, my plan failed. BUT here's a photo of Sarah and I doing our best gladiator impersonations ;)