Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
@ 2:20 PM

 POMPEII! POMPEII! POMPEII! 


Back in AD 79
Mt. Vesuvius cracked a bit of a tantrum, erupted and covered the town of Pompeii and its people in volcanic ash, killing everything in it's path.  Pompeii lay buried for almost 1700 years, until it was accidently rediscovered in 1748. On the 13th of August, 2011, Heidi Boer and Sarah McCormick visited the ruins. Here is our story....

This was another one of those destinations that people said not to go to... THOSE PEOPLE ARE DELUSIONAL DO NOT LISTEN TO THEM.
The place is mind blowing, some of the detail that survived the eruption is insane. And the human remains are gruesomely AWESOME! Seriously, if i keep going on you're going to just hear me throw out a hundred of adjectives... SO instead, check out the photos