Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
@ 10:13 AM

25th of September; Day Two with the Boers!


 On Sunday we all climbed a 6000ft mountain (on a bus mind you) and visited 'Eagles nest' a bunker ontop of Kehlstein mountain. The bunker was a present to Hitler for his 50th birthday, yet ironically he rarley went there because of his fear of heights!!! The views were to die for, we all went a bit crazy with the cameras!
In the afternoon we went to the beautiful Konigssee lake where we had a picnic lunch. The parents then ventured on a boat trip while Sacha, Sarah and I did a little shopping, where Sarah and I bought little Bavarian tops for Oktoberfest. We then hired a row boat and took turns rowing eachother around! On returning the boat Sacha found herself in the water rescuing her not-waterproof camera from the sea bed hahaha. So when the parents returned they found Sacha saturated, Me wearing German clothes, and all three of us with big iced coffees (courtesy of Lynn Williams!)
The sun started to set, so we went to a Bavarian restaurant that overlooked the lake and had dinner- perfeccccct day :)