Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Saturday, October 8, 2011
@ 2:27 PM

And then we skipped into TURKEY!!!


So here we are, day FOUR in Istanbul, Turkey! We have been having an insane time in this interesting country. SO FAR, our adventures have included:

- A taxi ride where the driver "doof doofed" us through the city and offered us cigarettes hahaha
- A bus driver kicking us off the bus (opps!!! we were having trouble understanding the system)
- Visiting beautiful mosques and palaces and parks and markets!!!
-We've stayed with couchsurfers who cooked us AMAZING turkish meals and made us Turkish breakfast- they have been so generous and lovely! 
-We've bought 1.5kg of TURKISH DELIGHT!!!!
- And last night we celebrated our couchsurfers birthday at a rooftop bar that overlooked the lit up city (SO amazing!)


 My Favourite adventure so far though was on Day Two when we went to a TURKISH ISLAND!!!! There we hired bikes... or should i say just ONE bike. A TANDEM BIKE. 
Now if any of you know me well enough, you'd know that I am highly uncorrdinated- afterall i crashed a quad bike ino a cliff. And Sarah may be ever more uncoordinated than me, afterall she walks into signposts and falls off walls. TOGETHER, somehow (and after time and a little help from a lovely Australian man) WE MASTERED THE TANDEM. WHATTA TEAM! I swear we are like an old married couple. We finish eachothers sentaces, we share beds, we share food, we share emotions and today we shared a freaking bicycle!