Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
@ 4:32 PM

Bungee Jumping in Bulgaria

So there we were just chilling by a lake when out of absolute nowhere Sarah turns to Nasko and says "What are the chances that we could go bungee jumping this afternoon." And the next thing i know he's on the phone and saying "I have TWO Australian girls who want to bungee jump this afternoon" WHAAAAAT? And so a couple of hours later, there I am. Standing on the edge of a freaking bridge.


For some evil reason I got to go first- as Nasko said if Sarah went first then after seeing her do it I'd chicken out, it's been three days and he can read me well. So for the record, i don't do ferris wheels, or any adreneline pumping fearless activities. I don't jump off airplanes or go on rollercoasters when I'm drunk, like my friend Sarah McCormick. She is a fearless child and, well, i am her polar opposite.
BUT THERE I WAS STANDING ON THE EDGE OF A BRIDGE. And then when i finally worked up the courage to jump, i flew. I can't even describe the feeling. It's beyond words. It was the most amazing and yet the most horrifying thing I have ever done in my whole life.
SO, our first jump we had to do ourselves but the second one, the instructor would hold our wrists, we would lean back and then he just lets us go. It was totally out of our control and totally insane....
Even daredevil Sarah struggled with it, apparently she thinks it's way scarier than sky diving- now that's saying something...

I can't even talk more about it, I still get anxious just at the thought of it, just watch the videos :)