Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Monday, October 10, 2011
@ 7:49 PM



I'm just going to put it out there- I have fallen in a little bit in love with Turkey. And now am SO excited to come back and see the rest of the country (another time later on in life) BECAUSE tomorrow we catch an overnight bus out of the country, after only one week in Istanbul. NEVERTHELESS, Istanbul has been epic. Turkish food is too amazing (i even bought myself a cookbook!) We've been to the amazing Egyptian Spice Market and loved it- Even though you get harrased by the stallmen every two seconds. "Excuse me pretty lady, you dropped something" *We turn around to see what we've dropped* "You dropped my heart." Ahhhhhh.


At the market we picked up some apple tea, and then we went back again today so I could buy my preserved eggplant (i have a bizarre obsession for eggplant) and now preying to god i can take it back in to Australia with me- customs will probably slaughter me though.
Whilst here we've also visited the beautiful Topkapi Palace and been to a Shishi party on our hostel rooftop! Good times!
Will miss this crazy country but excited to move on. Our travel from now on is very 'up and go' as we still have SEVEN countries to see!!!!