Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Monday, November 21, 2011
@ 4:24 PM

This time next week we'll be boarding a plane back to Melbourne.
It is such a scary thought
I actually don't know what has happened to the last 7 months. It feels like a trick of time- an absolute distortion of reality. It feels like we've just left! I swear to god, if I wake up to find this has all been a dream- i will not be happy.

It has by far made 2011 the best year of our lives. All the people we've met, the quikry personalities, the people who have given us such hospitality, the travlers who have inspired us, the laughs we've had :) And all the friends we've made. We've traveled so far, done so much and seen so much culture that I don't know how to take it all in...
Seven months is a long time, and we've done so  well to make it this far. We've kept our heads high whenever things crumble underneath our feet, we have never given up. We keep eachother going. It was only a month ago when we started to get a little homesick, when we realised it was only weeks until we were coming home. 
And we've been counting down the days since.
As the winter is starting to break us down, we are looking forward to Australian sun. We are looking forward to the fact that the sun won't set at 4.30 in the afternoon, we are excited to not have to wear a hundred layers of clothing whenever we want to step outside. 
One week.

I can't believe it.
We're finally coming home.