Wandering Europe!
Here we go now

In May 2011 I set off on a 7 month journey. With nothing but a backpack on my back, my best friend by my side and a return ticket to EUROPE... Needless to say it was by far the most amazing 7 months of my absolute life!!! Somehow I was motivated enough (and stupid enough) to keep a travel blog going through the whole adventure, and so now, with technology being as fabulous as it is, our story is now roughly preserved on this silly blog.


.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
@ 9:40 PM

Washboards and defenestrations; 3 days in Pretty Prague

          From day one of our journey, people have been insisting that we must visit Prague on our trip. So now was finally our time to witness the amazing city for ourselves.We stayed in Prague for three nights,  but after the wallet got stolen at the start of our Prague stay, i was a little disheartened and on edge the whole time there. Pity, because it's an absolutely remarkable city-  really really beautiful.

We took a walking tour one freezing night, and we got an insight to the majestic lit up city. I think my favourite thing about Prague's history was their 'defenestrations' which is a term coined after incidents during the 13th century, where citezins were thrown out of the window and killed in the streets. Maybe it's worrying that I always get intrigued about morbid happenings of the past!

I also get really excited about street music and it makes me miss my guitar so much. When walking along the main bridge in Prague, we found this little group made up of an old man, his washboard and his band. I fell in love and had to put 'Learn to play a washboard' on my Bucket List :)